Coach Advantage

Invest in yourself


First Blog Post -Life Coaching: Food for the thought.

Posted by coachadvantage on May 14, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Hebbian Theory

Your every thought produces a biochemical reaction in the brain. The brain then releases chemical signals that are transmitted to the body, where they act as messengers of the thought. The thoughts that produce the chemicals in the brain allow your body to feel exactly the way you were thinking. So every thought produces a chemical that is matched by a feeling in your body. Essentially, when you think happy, inspiring, or positive thoughts, your brain manufactures chemicals that make you feel joyful or uplifted. For example when you anticipate an experience that is pleasurable, the brain immediately makes a chemical neurotransmitter called dopamine, which turns the brain and body on in anticipation of the experience and causes you to begin to feel excited. If you have hateful, angry, or self-deprecating thoughts, the brain produces chemicals called neuropeptides that the body responds to in a comparable way. You feel hateful, angry, or unworthy. You see your thoughts immediately become matter. Dispenza, J. (Evolve your Brain) (2007)

I first read about a neuropsychologist Donald O. Hebb PhD and his discovery when I was writing my paper for the completion of my Life Coaching Certification; and it struck me that I had been hanging around alot of negativity my whole life, or rather I stayed in a negative vibration more than i care to admit, and i wanted to change that if only for my own peace.

I thought if everyone knew that this was a scientifc fact wouldn't everybody engage in really 'watching' their own thought processes with more focus. Well it seems we are actally run by our unconcious mind most of the time, 95% of the time [and apparently the other 5% is accessilble only by those who take advantage of the understanding of that and can tap into their conscious mind and begin to literally change their biology]


[So, our life reflects our unconscious programming. This is because the job of the subconscious is to create reality out of its program, ie to prove the program is true. So if you have negative programming in your unconscious, Dr Lipton says 95% of the time you will recreate those negative experiences in your life. And as those of us who have ever taken the time to check out our unconscious thoughts know, most of the programs our unconscious mind runs are based in negativity – for example fear of what other people are thinking about us, fear of not being loved and respected as we are, etc, etc.

So… how to get out of this endless cycle of old programs and start to be more in the conscious mind? Because of the power of the unconscious mind (one million times more powerful than the conscious mind), and the amount of time it is running us (95 – 99%), Lipton says it takes a lot more than positive thinking to get out of it. Because as soon as you forget to be conscious, the unconscious is back in charge again. Sound familiar? He suggests meditation, hypnotherapy or other reprogramming approaches.


And in fact, in the parallel field of neuroscience, a number of experiments with Buddhist meditators have shown that people can actually change their brain structure (regardless of their age) by creating new neural pathways just by conscious thinking. The same research also shows, by the way, that people who meditate regularly have higher immunity and lower blood pressure, among other health benefits] [ ] Anando Deva


Categories: None

Post a Comment


Oops, you forgot something.


The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

Already a member? Sign In

1 Comment

Reply Wesleyflorp
11:48 PM on August 3, 2018